Caring Etobicoke Eye Doctors - Kipling Family Eyecare
We welcome patients of all ages to our comfortable optometry office. Our kind and trusted Etobicoke eye doctors provide personalized optical and medical eye care services to satisfy your family’s needs at any age, from pediatrics to geriatrics.
Depending upon your age, lifestyle and overall health, vision care requirements change. In our friendly clinic, we become familiar with each individual patient in order to customize eye exams and treatment options.
Kipling Family Eyecare Mission Statement
We promise to provide the highest quality of personalized eye care and service to our patients in a warm and friendly environment.
What Makes Kipling Family Eyecare Unique
If you experience loss of vision, double vision, swelling, infection or any eye emergency, contact us immediately for guidance. We’ll help you with the best treatment to prevent complications and promote long-lasting clear eyesight.
LASIK was approved by the FDA in the mid-1990s, and it has continued to rise in popularity ever since. By 2006, the American Academy of Ophthalmology completed a 10-year study and concluded that LASIK eye surgery was both effective and safe. At this point, millions of people have had LASIK performed in order to remove their eyeglasses and contact lenses forever, and clinical data supports the fact that LASIK results are mainly positive and successful. As many sports stars and fashionable celebs rave about their LASIK experiences to the public, it has became even more trendy.
We offer full pre-operative consultations and post-operative eye care for LASIK. We’re here to answer all your questions about LASIK, determine your candidacy and explain the many advantages of this amazing, popular laser surgery.
LASIK can effectively resolve myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism.
This eye surgery begins by using a laser to make a thin corneal flap, which is laid back. Your surgeon then reshapes the revealed inner part of the cornea with a laser, removing the necessary amount of corneal tissue – as related to your personal visual requirements. After this part of the procedure, the flap is replaced in position and eye drops are inserted.
Simply put, people are excited about the opportunity to see clearly without eyewear. Along with this motivation, the most attractive features and advantages of LASIK include:
- Immediate Results: LASIK is done by reshaping your cornea beneath a thin corneal flap. This flap allows your corneal surface to remain intact, which lets you see well and comfortably as soon as the next day – without wearing glasses or contacts. Many patients report improvement as soon as they sit up from the surgery.
- Quick and safe: LASIK is typically completed within 10-15 minutes
- New activities and career options: specific careers, such as the Navy and Air Force, require candidates with proper vision. In addition, activities such as cycling, swimming and skydiving are much easier to do without corrective eyewear.
- Painless: very little discomfort is usually experienced with LASIK
- Rapid recovery: no stitches or bandages are generally required, and healing is fast – as only the inner part of the cornea was affected
- Future adjustments: if your vision changes again after LASIK was performed, adjustments can be made years later